View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 02:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
brainrain
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z
brainrain is on a distinguished road

The problem at the beginning was the engine light flashing without error on ECU in traffic jams (it happened to me once). I contact the mechanic of previous owner in Germany and told me that is a visual indicator if the advanced ignition will retard by 3 or more degrees regarding knocking. Car maintenance bills of previous owner mention the cleaning of the cylinders.

I asked them why they had to clean the cylinders, here are their answers:
Quote:
if we did a cylinder cleaning, the car came in with a knocking problem. 370Z have a problem, that oil coal on the piston can glow and generates knocking. For that reason, we did a cylinder clean with chemicals and installed a visual indicator if the advanced ignition will retard by 3 or more degrees regarding knocking. We see it most on cars which run on low load and low rpm over a long time. It is hard to get the problem solved if you have it. It is important to change the driving style and use the best fuel you can get. short trips with 10km or less should be avoided.

I asked last week if I can remove carbon build up while driving at high RPM.
here is his answer :

Quote:
removing the dirt by driving depends on the thickness of the dirt on the pistons. If it is to thick, you have no chance to remove it with only driving. Is it a thin layer you have maybe luck and you can remove it. But you have to drive with full advanced ignition. That means if it starts blinking you can stop reving up. you have to bring the ignition correction to 0. you can only check with ecutek connect where the ignition correction is. if you accelerate a bit for a few seconds the ignition correction will be remove 1 degree. lets say you have -5°, so you have to accelerate 5 times over a few seconds without blinking to get back to 0. If you are back to 0 you can try to rev up to higher rpm.

Last edited by brainrain; 12-07-2020 at 02:09 PM.
brainrain is offline   Reply With Quote