View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #278 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

First time at Autocross (last round) with the TTS, and as usual my 370z was present.

They were in different classes, I think it would be a drag to explain all the classes, but we have 3 categories depends on engine displacement, and each one has production and open class, production means stock car with the only allowed mods are (exhaust, intake, tune, lowering springs and semi-slicks), anything more means open.

TTS was in production, Z was open, both under 2500-3700cc NA or 1600-2500cc FI, such broad categories but cannot change them.

The Z finished 4th , the track was dusty and my R1S are old and had many heat cycles, so didn't help me to put my power down, and I was always on part-throttle to not spin the wheels and go doooriftooooo mode, and I was against evos and sti

my best run was 54.3, but I don't know where are the cones that has been counted as penalty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBELounZ-Ms

Official fastest 54.8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwdwicG0TQw

Here is where it get interesting, my TTS did 55 flat, but didn't manage to top the class, there was a 718 Boxster (not sure if it is S or normal) that was faster I was 2nd but satisfied nonetheless, as I entered on old PS4S which was on the car when I bought it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xPsBBtDSjk

anyway, I have plans for it, I will get Carbotech AX6 pads, 18 wheels with re71r or a052, tune, and top mounts (front for camber, will ask if it is allowed in the class, the non-adjustable type) if not, I may get lowering springs. Hopefully it can challenge for top place next season.

As my Z, I think I need to open the gearbox, refresh it, and then get new tire set for it, I may try A052 on it this time, with a higher tire profile, they may grip better or equally on dusty surfaces, and they will not heat cycle like slicks (as I want to get a full season out of them), my power isn't bad, but I struggle to get it down sometimes so higher tire profile could help, or maybe I need to get less camber at the rear, mmmmmmm, I made it around -2.2 rear, it gives a very progressive and controllable slide, or maybe I need to remove rear swaybar, I got lazy to try to de-attach it in one round at least to try how it change.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote