View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

It is very plausible you are getting pre-ignition caused by carbon build up. The video is grainy, but too me, it doesn't look too bad. Then again, I haven't seen others for reference.

Problem with the Ecutec solution is, you are masking the real problem. No amount of "snake oil" is gonna remove that carbon build up. It has to be removed mechanically! In other words, pistons out or head off.

What I'd like to know is, what codes did car throw on stock ECU when engine went into limp mode? If any at all.

Like others have mentioned, you may just need to burn the stuff off.

Go high revs, but low speed if you are afraid. get that engine temperature up.

Your statement: "Do you advise me to remove the knock warning light by Ecutek ? Do you agree with my mechanic that I can destroy the engine if I go full load ?*
A t the moment, the Knock warning light only blink when I go full load on 4th gear. But after several minutes, I no longer have this problem"

Does it do it in all gears? All revolutions? What is the knock warning light doing? Is it actually adjusting timing or is it just a warning?

I'm guessing this warning is very sensitive.

I have a similar story about airplanes, if you have time.

Last edited by ZoomZ; 12-06-2020 at 01:18 PM.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote