View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
brainrain
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z
brainrain is on a distinguished road

I drive every weekend, I just bought the car recently and with lockdown cause of covid I can't drive a long time :/

Performance are good and I haven't noise except the tranny noise cause of light flywheel.

The engine blinking light is an option knock warning light by ecutek, it's not an error by ECU. The stock ECU does not have this option for knock warning.

There is the mechanic of the previous owner : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7YbvvYwp0w (you can check at 5min03 te carbon deposit and 2min06 engine light blinking).

Description of video in english by using google traduction :

Quote:
Loss of power in the Nissan 370Z? The customer asked us to investigate this phenomenon. The ignition was corrected -10 °. Why? The explanation in the video!

The customer complained about the poor performance of his Nissan 370Z. He always fills up with 102 octane from Aral and takes care of his vehicle. Regular oil changes for the Nissan 370Z are included. The EcuTek coordination is not only suitable for increasing performance, it can also use extended diagnostic features. We were able to determine that the control unit of the Nissan 370Z corrects the ignition with over 10 °. The effect of this is that the 370Z releases very little torque, as the motor reduces its output for reasons of protection.

With our endoscope, we were able to determine why the control unit reduced the ignition: there was massive carbon deposits on the piston. It may also be due to the fact that the control unit is injecting 20% ​​too rich anyway and the formation of carbon deposits on the piston can be favored.

Oil carbon on the piston of the Nissan 370Z ensures that it starts to glow during the combustion process, similar to a charcoal grill. The smoldering coal ignites the gasoline-air mixture in an uncontrolled manner, so that the control unit detects a knock. There is actually a knock, which the control unit in the 370Z tries to avoid.

In this video we show you our approach in detail.
brainrain is offline   Reply With Quote