View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 06:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrain View Post
I talk to my mechanic.

Here is his answer :

He is not talking about oil contamination, it mentions dirt on the piston even after cleaning the cylinders.

According to him, this dirt is from a long time slow speed and short trips.

Do you have this problem in the United States or in Canada? because you have very low speed limits compared to us (in France 80 mph and Germany no speed limit)

I think this car was designed especially for the North American and Japanese market (the biggest market share), it's weird this low speed argument.

In your opinion, Can I remove the dirt naturally while driving at high RPM ?
I have never heard of any issues of carbon buildup with these engines no matter how you drive. It’s just not a common problem. Every once in a while, no matter the distance travelled, drive the car like you stole it. You need to shift at high RPM’s regardless of your speed. Do not baby the engine. It is a high revving V6 designed to make power at the top end of its RPM range. This will help clean off carbon buildup. It’s called the “Italian Tune-up”.......Lol.