View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
So this is a discussion I've had with a friend and we aren't really sure about, figured I'd ask here since you're all super knowledgeable people. But we're thinking THEORETICALLY, if you had an oil cooler and an oil fed turbo or supercharger, wouldn't it be smart to SLIGHTLY overfill your oil beyond the max line. The theory is that when the car sits the oil in the lines will drain back in the pan and give a higher than it actually is reading, when you go to start the car the oil is sucked in the lines and turbo/supercharger and now you're effectively low on oil. Does this sound insane or actually plausible?
For an oil cooler, it depends on how the lines run and how the cooler is positioned. Some people have mounted the cooler 'upside down', with the fittings facing the street. In that case, when the car is off the oil will travel from the cooler to the pan and actually give you a higher oil level reading than actual.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk