View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 10:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
brainrain
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z
brainrain is on a distinguished road

I talk to my mechanic.

Here is his answer :
Quote:
i agree that it will be frustrating. if it stop blinking you can accelerate, but the power is lower than normal. if it starts the ignition is retarded by min -3°. mostly much more up to -10°. if you accelerate after the blinking stops, the igntion is still retarded. the knock sensor is listening. if it don’t hear any knocking the ignition will advanced 1 degree. if you accelerate again, 1 degree more. if it starts knocking again, the ignition will be retarded again.

it is hard to explain. much easier if you see that. did you have a ecutek connect? there you can see the ignition correction live.

we can solve the problem if the knocking will come from a bad software. but mostly we see the problem coming from dirt on the top of the pistons regarding a long time slow speed and short trips. so it will not be solved by software.
He is not talking about oil contamination, it mentions dirt on the piston even after cleaning the cylinders.

According to him, this dirt is from a long time slow speed and short trips.

Do you have this problem in the United States or in Canada? because you have very low speed limits compared to us (in France 80 mph and Germany no speed limit)

I think this car was designed especially for the North American and Japanese market (the biggest market share), it's weird this low speed argument.

In your opinion, Can I remove the dirt naturally while driving at high RPM ?
brainrain is offline   Reply With Quote