View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbyy View Post
Hello everybody,

So about a week ago randomly, my car started misfiring randomly while I was driving. Drove it home (i was a couple minutes away when it happened) and parked it in the garage for a few days. Plugged in the OB2 scanner and was getting a P302 (misfire cylinder 2)code. Did my research and the most common reasons why the car would throw that code is because of bad sparkplugs, bad ignition coils, dirty throttle bodies and dirty mass air flow sensor. Well I changed all my spark plugs, tested all my ignition coils, cleaned both the throttle bodies and the MAF's. Fired her up and it ran a little better but still had the rough fluctuating idle and the car shook a little. Bascially sounded like it had cams.

So after doing all that, im throwing a P300 code (all cylinders misfiring). Went to my local trusty mechanic and he said all the sensors didnt come up bad on his scanner and it was probably just a bad battery. Bought a battery and installed it and I have the same exact issue.

Anyone else know what this may be before I go to another shop.

Thanks everyone and hope everyone has a great weekend
Check this recent thread:
"P0302 & P0300 codes"
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote