View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #558 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered a 16" SPAL pusher fan on Black Friday with the funds from my recent Z1 high capacity diff cover (more on that in a min). Now, if anyone runs across this before they order a SPAL fan... please know that they do not include anything but the fan. I get it why they do it. I would have been more than happy to order everything at the same time. My cat inspector even tried to assist with finding missing parts. Nothing turned up; and Dolce was very thorough.

Now why would I sell my high capacity diff cover? Well, the plan is to swap the rear end over to a Winters Quick Change like what Chris Forsberg runs. That's a next winter deal after everything is running. ... That and a roll cage. All that is fine because the power level can not be turned up due to safety concerns. Having 1000+ hp on tap sounds fun out of gate if you live in YouTube (any thing less is slow). I simply will need time to re-learn the car and slowly ratchet up the power.

So that's the future path.

What is more concerning to me right now is trying to figure out where to mount my 3qt Accusump. Ideally I would tie directly into the oil cooler line running to the engine. The oil would be filtered and cooled. I'll need to go to the shop and walk around the with the Accusump trying to pack another pound of sh1t in. If I could get it in right near the oil cooler, that would be the dream. I really doubt it though. It may end up where the battery was. So yeah. That's the struggle.

Last edited by gbrettin; 12-03-2020 at 09:37 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote