Thread: Wrong oil?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Eris
Base Member

Drives: 18 370
Eris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
A lot of things can go wrong with a "simple" oil change. Like, forgetting to put oil in. Wrong quantity of oil. Filter gets forgotten, sensors and wires get knocked around etc etc.

Not saying your problem is oil related, but **** happens. Also, dealerships aren't always the best just because the sign outside says they made the car.

If they used 0W20, or any other grade you aren't happy with, I think you are certainly entitled to ask them to put in what the owners manual requires, free of charge.

I would certainly start with the obvious, if you have the ability to do so. Check oil temp sensor wiring and connector. Also the water temp sensor.

Have you personally looked in the engine bay since OC to see anything obvious from top?
I know, I agree. I am always a bit resilient to take my car to the dealer... but I have warranty on the vehicle and in my country you are required to take it exclusively there, even for something like an oil change.

Everything looks fine on top... though im no mechanic, but everything looks plugged-in.
Im gonna have to check where the water and temperature sensors are cuz I have no idea! But thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote