Thread: Wrong oil?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eris
Base Member

Drives: 18 370
Eris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The wrong viscosity isn't going to make a lot of difference in performance - over a short period of time. Oil that is too thick or thin can cause wear problems over time but, as long as they got close on the viscosity, you shouldn't have a noticeable loss of performance. Ie, I agree with ZoomZ that there is a good chance that the shop messed something up during the oil change. Maybe you have something else going on but a good chance it's the shop's fault.

Have you checked for any DTCs? If you don't have a reader, most auto parts stores will loan you one for the few minutes it takes to check. Some will even check it for you.

Edit: The fact that the problem doesn't show up until the engine is warm leads me to believe you have a temperature sensor malfunctioning. Possibly a connector knocked loose during the oil change?

Edit #2: Warranty does not require that oil changes be done by the dealer. DIY and save your oil/filter receipts. Or have a mechanic that you trust do it.
There are no error codes whatsoever.
The temperature sensor makes sense as it's always above 200 when it happens... if the day is parorcularly cold and it won't go over 200 for my commute...then the whole day power delivery is fine. Sadly there are no codes present... and like i said... throttle bodies...injection... induction...fuel pump... were all checked, and they're fine.

Unfortunately, here in Mexico you must get the oil change at dealerships so that they honour your warranty should issues arise... that's the bad side of having warranties.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote