View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 11:53 AM   #28 (permalink)
OMGWTFBBQ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 08 SGM IS350
OMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to OMGWTFBBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchertel View Post
Yep, buying from Stillen was a mistake but since I live here in Komifornia I did not have much of a choice as I need that freaking sticker. However, that sticker does me no good right now as I cannot keep the check engine lights away long enough for the I/M Monitors to become ready. Not sure what I will do when May rolls around and is time for the Z's first smog check. Stillen completely mis-represents their kits so anyone who does not need to worry about smog inspections don't go with the Stillen kit.

I am currently working with a tuner to see what we can find and clean up the cold idle to not pop anymore P0300s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Not sure who your tuner is but I would look up either Sebastian from Spec Z or Eugene from Infinity Auto Care. Both of those guys should be able to get your car tuned properly to pass smog.
+9000000000000

To tchertel, send your car to Seb at Specialty Z. He will get you squared away.

Take it from me who's been through hell and back. Mickey Mouse Racing hack job install + sh!t tune = my Z sat abandoned on the street for three years untouched because I didn't want to deal with the headaches. I finally sucked it up and towed my Z 90 miles one way to Seb. After tuning my custom supercharger setup, I've been dailying it for the past year and a half at ~400hp/380ftlb with absolutely no issues. I'm going twins soon so that'll be fun.

To the OP, go with the Fast Intentions kit. But the most important part is finding a solid tuner. This is make or break.