View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 07:08 AM   #6696 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Way better than them canceling their planned orders. More work is always better than no work.
I generally agree with this statement, and since I had planned to work during that time frame anyway, no impact to me. Some of our personnel will be feeling it though.

In specific, this customer concerns me. They've continued to work outside of their existing system (using spreadsheets to manage instead of a forecast system), and they've blind sided us with immense short lead-time orders on several occasions. When we've communicated some level of difficulty in meeting the need-by date, they escalate until we've got a senior executive putting pressure on us to perform heroics.

I also suspect that since they've ordered large quantities of several parts of their system, they will abruptly (and with shortened lead time) realize they forgot to place orders for the rest, and need everything yesterday. This may go from a "we plan to close during these days" to "you will all be putting in 80 hours this week" and I am concerned my company will be killed by its own success, and by the lack of preparation on the part of our customer.