Thread: MAF Sensors
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I have been really tired lately from the career change that I was somewhat on auto-pilot when doing this, and it occurred to me today:

1. While putting the intake boot back onto the TB, if the boot wasn't sealed all the way (for example, the flap end of the boot didn't fully go over the entire TB entry hole), I am assuming this will cause a vacuum leak and cause a code to be thrown by now?

2. I know Jarblue gave me the torque specs previously, but I don't recall using my torque wrench that uses NM (I honestly don't remember, as all I recall from the experience was my back killing me from leaning over most of the time). I'm thinking I probably over-torqued the TB allen screws. I tightened until it was firm. What are the chances of something breaking from over-torquing?