View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
God-Speed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Prototype
God-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisStigness View Post
Following up, Nissan North America didn't consider this seat problem to be a safety issue. They only checked on whether they would consider buying my whole car back which I obviously was not going to have them do. They refused to warranty it which I kind of expected.

Recaro checked with engineers in Japan and said the only way to fix the problem is to replace the seat back, as the mechanism itself is not serviceable. They said they cannot take parts or help with replacement as such because they are considered OEM parts. If it was a fully aftermarket Recaro seat it would be a different story.

So I am at the point where I will see if my extended warranty will cover it. It is bumper to bumper and covers OEM parts, so we will see. Crossing my fingers. Anyone else still running into this issue and/or found a solution?

Best of Luck on this. Please keep us in the loop!!
God-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote