View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tomarango
Base Member

Drives: 11 370z manual
Tomarango is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
I agree with the other members. Get it aligned by a "good" alignment shop. This may be harder than it sounds. Most alignment shops these days employ unskilled and/or inexperienced alignment "technicians" who have no idea what they are doing. This problem is extremely prevalent in my neck of the woods. OEM dealers are the worst. You need to find a shop to which track racers and autocrossers take their cars to. They will know what they're doing. Second thing, are you running any wheel spacers? If so, this may negatively affect and amplify alignment issues and road imperfections. Good luck.

Thanks I fully agree. That's why I wish I cpupd do it myself and pay for the time on the alignment mashine. I did go to trutrack suspension in Melbourne but they have a lot of work and possibly just half arsed worked on the car. They said nothing wrong was found and returned the car with their recommended specs. No spec sheet or anything for me. Since then its been aligned by a generic shop again showing no hints of anything wrong judging by the alignment specs before alignment.
Changing the tyres made a bit of a difference but not fully fixed. Before running spacers the issue was there, after i did 20mm hubcentric spacers all around with no hint of increasing the issue. But it may have as you said.
Because i bought this car used and stupidly without test driving it first as it was interstate i dont know whats happened before my ownership.
The car has no hints of ever been repaired but there may be issues i cant easily identify like a bent front subframe for example.
Thats why i am looking for someone with the exact same sympthoms abd what they have done to resolve it.
Would benefit me to drive abother 370 because it may also be that im to fuzzy and ceel everything in the car. But i don't think so. It should be a nice car to drive and inspire confidence in the driving, not the opposite.
Tomarango is offline   Reply With Quote