View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #32 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimiser View Post
Can you take a picture or tell us exactly what part number belt on the SC side that has stopped your belt slip.
I noticed in your video you (were) using a Gates AT belt which stands for "Advanced Technolgy" with longer life, etc. I'm wondering if the "AT" belts are less grippy than the "rpm" belts. I have never used an "AT" belt on my SC.

I'm using the Gates 8PK562 (K080220) on the SC. It doesn't say ''rpm' anywhere on the belt or packaging, does yours?
I've never used the SC belt in the "AT" packaging although it doesn't have "AT" on the belt itself as yours does in your video. That belt was supplied from "CAPA" here in Autralia when I had them upgrade my SC's bearings and change to Si trim.

I'm using the Gates 8PK2764 (K081088) on the serp side along with
TBatt's extra pulley.

Also is your SC "overspun" and if so what are all your SC pulley sizes and therefore SC RPM's?

Finally does your SC have the bearing upgrade done?

I'm just very interested and wanting to be clear on exactly what you've done/used compared to myself.
(PS) I don't use a Turbo Guard or TopGunz little filter. I use a specially cast adaptor from SC to a pod filter via metal tube to suit.

Cheers!
Here's the RPM belt.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Gates/465/K080220RPM/10002/-1
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote