View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 02:12 PM   #6141 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
On #1 you are missing that getting colds is good for your immune system. The population as a whole is going to get a lot more minor illnesses once this thing clears up because we’ve been overprotecting our immune system. You need to live around germs to be able to fight off infections.

That’s why I’m glad I have a toddler. He brings home plenty of germs.
This is true - up to a point. The common cold and most other "germs" you are likely to run into are not like the virii that cause humans so many problems. Natural immunization is great (I'm a proponent of it) but it only goes so far.