View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 01:14 PM   #6136 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
The masks have had several unexpected benefits.
1) I haven't actually gotten a cold since this whole thing started. Used to be I'd get at least 1 in the spring and 1 in the fall, but not this year!
2) When I have bad breath, I'm the only one impacted. Not unrelated, I now carry mints.
3) People look 50% better, myself included
4) I can immediately tell who the dumb ones are because the mask goes under the nose. This makes them easier to avoid!

On #1 you are missing that getting colds is good for your immune system. The population as a whole is going to get a lot more minor illnesses once this thing clears up because we’ve been overprotecting our immune system. You need to live around germs to be able to fight off infections.

That’s why I’m glad I have a toddler. He brings home plenty of germs.