View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 11:25 AM   #6129 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I've talked to several people in the healthcare business (including my Sister with a PhD in Nursing) and they all say the epidemic is a fact and that it is killing people. They also tell me that masks, distancing, hand washing, etc work. From what I've read, the vast majority of healthcare workers agree. Should I listen to those with first-hand experience or Some Guy on the Intertubes?

A lot of people don't know how to read papers or how to interpret statistics. This leads to a lot of misunderstandings. I'm no expert but did help my ex study for her BS/MS/PhD in Psychology - heavy on test design, administration, and interpretation.
The masks have had several unexpected benefits.
1) I haven't actually gotten a cold since this whole thing started. Used to be I'd get at least 1 in the spring and 1 in the fall, but not this year!
2) When I have bad breath, I'm the only one impacted. Not unrelated, I now carry mints.
3) People look 50% better, myself included
4) I can immediately tell who the dumb ones are because the mask goes under the nose. This makes them easier to avoid!