View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #6002 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
No more driving across country. Take you forever because of recharging. Along I70, and I80. I never seen a recharging station at any of the service stations. Only in the bigger cities. And what about the semi's? 90% of goods is shipped by truck.
They already did a driverless truck across the country. They will pull into a charging station along their route, do their thing and be on their way. No DOT regs of driving hours as there is no driver, can make up 6 hours right there. As quick charging and farther distances can be had with the tech, it will only be a matter of time before it is faster than if a human had to stop for sleep.