Thread: MAF Sensors
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 10:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
I mean....if you really want my opinion...

1. Doesn't matter, tight.
2. Doesn't matter, medium-tight.
3. Doesn't matter.
4. This I don't know, I would assume this only matters if you were physically forcing the butterfly valves to move which seems stupid at best. Just spray a healthy amount of throttle body cleaner and gently wipe everything off with a paper towel. It won't be perfectly clean but it'll get it 90-95% better, which is good enough.

I've taken these throttle bodies off maybe a dozen times at this point, don't over think it. You'd have to do something hilariously stupid to harm anything.
1. Subjective
2. Subjective
3. Subjective
4. Though I may be overthinking this, after hours of research and youtube vids, it appears most people take the TBs off and clean both sides of the butterfly valve, which also shows them opening/closing for the cleaning. So now I feel like I've taken a step behind on whether moving the valve is safe.

Number's 1 to 3 are subjective; what might seem to be tight to you may not be tight to me, and vice versa. Need actual torque specs.