View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #544 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry it took me a bit longer to get the pictures up than normal. I try to get them up the next day after the IG post normally. Also I try to add in a few additional thoughts and more pictures here.

From IG@gbrettin:
separate posts:
(Install of waterpump)
Not a bad swap from the water manifold to the Meziere electric pump. Both have the chrome to break up the black. The biggest perk is not having to mess with a remote pump. I'll use the Davies Craig pump on my air to water system. Win win.

(testing a threaded inlet)
Couldn't be simple. The pump has to be disassembled to screw on a threaded aluminum pipe which has an outlet for my heater core. A -16 bung also needs to be welded on so that the line coming from the CSF radiator can connect. All this will be done when the engine gets pulled.

(drilled the new oil pan)
Pan needs an oil drain. Drill the new pan. The aluminum welds are piling up.

(bracket making 1)
Making the mounting bracket for the expansion tank. The bracket has space for two, one for the coolant system and the other for the intercoolers.

(bracket making 2)
Welded and grinded, per usual. The mount will work beautiful. It will be made perfect when the engine is pulled, which is coming up soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Another swirlpot has been ordered. That should be here in a couple days and then I will chop it up like the last one. Nothing better than grinding up 120 part. The aluminum is thin... so DONT SLIP! lol

I need to order a few more -16 bungs... I'm going to order a few extra. The shipping is getting silly.

Well. I am officially "that guy"... I reached out to CSF and see if they wanted to partner up with my build in some sort of way. They had expressed a little interest and asked what coolers I was looking for.

Options were sent to them for the oil cooler, trans, steering and an additional radiator for the air to water coolers.

I made it clear I am not looking for free stuff; although, I wouldn't turn it away. Additionally, I would sell my other fluid coolers to make sure their products would be ran.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm somewhat torn on even going that route because I don't want to be beholden to anyone with my build. Having the option to rip something out because it sucks is a pretty nice option. Then again... if you see me wearing a CSF Tshirt in every picture... You'll know what happened.

Man.... who discloses that type of information above. Me, I guess me. I simply don't care to hold back anything about this build. I have no shame.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote