Thread: MAF Sensors
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 10:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Bump - anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Reviving an old thread of mine. Still haven't cleaned the TB's and will most likely need to complete, as my car now shuts off when starting her up and gives the same MAF code. MAF's have been cleaned earlier this year.

Just a few more questions I thought of before proceeding:

1. What are the torque specs for installing the strut bar back on?
2. Torque specs for when re-installing the TB's?
3. Just wanted to confirm to use the star patter when re-installing the TB's?
4. Would the re-learn/calibration procedures be completed immediately after putting the TB's back on without turning the vehicle on or should this be completed after driving around after cleaning the TB?

*Tried searching the forum but couldn't find this info.
I mean....if you really want my opinion...

1. Doesn't matter, tight.
2. Doesn't matter, medium-tight.
3. Doesn't matter.
4. This I don't know, I would assume this only matters if you were physically forcing the butterfly valves to move which seems stupid at best. Just spray a healthy amount of throttle body cleaner and gently wipe everything off with a paper towel. It won't be perfectly clean but it'll get it 90-95% better, which is good enough.

I've taken these throttle bodies off maybe a dozen times at this point, don't over think it. You'd have to do something hilariously stupid to harm anything.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote