View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 06:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm89 View Post
I'm going to just bold my points next to yours for simplicity:

In summary, I think you make some good points about German vs Japanese reliability out of the box and cost of ownership. The VR is at early stages of development so I will refrain for bashing on the motor myself, but at the same time I don't side with your bias over who made the engine in the Toyota. I think i said it in my original post, the main reason I would not get the new Z is that I don't like the way a significant portion of the car is designed, and that's a dealbreaker. But thanks for the feedback!
Well, you are free to NOT buy a VR powered Z.

As for the WRX vs. GTI tune/HP gain/$$ ratio, both the WRX and GTI are 2.0T.
The GTI engine (just the engine) is superior to the FA20. From tunability, drivability and reliability.

I've owned many a non-turbo Subaru that were quite unreliable to never trust that brand again. Subaru's main claim to fame is AWD. Not reliability.

As for BMW Supra, my bias is the same as any guy who prefers Ford or Chevy.
I have no issues leasing a German car. But, for a long term purchase, I would prefer to stick with a Japanese manufactured car. I also have a nostalgia for old-school JDM.

There's not a thing wrong with being brand-agnostic, I think maybe you should buy a Supra for yourself. Enjoy it, because it seems your mind is set against the Z35.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote