View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 09:49 AM   #47 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
Ok, not sure how reliable this is, but according to a Japanese site instead of a roadster, there may be a t-top model but it won't be available at launch.

If true, it's a wonderful idea from Nissan to bring this back from the Z32; it's simple, no breakdowns and no warranty headaches for them (via Google translate so I don't think electrified is the proper word there, probably means something closer to reinforced):

"It is expected that the new Fairlady Z will be equipped with a hardtop roof (T-bar roof) model later.
It is said that the T-bar roof will be electrified with a new structure. Rigidity increases because there is a line connecting the front and back compared to a general open"

https://haru27.biz/26529.html

It's not all good news though, if this site is correct; say goodbye to our wonderful hydraulic steering and hello to Infiniti's Direct Adaptive Steering (DAS)
The T-tops in my Z31's and Z32 were very reliable. Around that time I was working for Honda and the del Sol was on it's second year in the market and we were having constant warranty issues with the tops on those cars. However, the t-tops on even my (then old) 84 and 87 300ZX's had no issues at all.

As for the DAS, unfortunately I think Nissan may stick us with it. However, in a recent review of the 2021 Q50 they mentioned that DAS is much better than before, so hopefully Nissan gets it right by then. Oh, and BTW the heavy pig Q50 does 0-60mph in 4.5 secs, a Z will likely weigh 650-700 pounds less which may get it into sub-4 sec 0-60: https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...wd-test-drive/
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote