View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 07:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
johnxxx
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z PW Nismo
johnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorofhavoc View Post
Is the bottom of that stillen bumper flat across and back? Meaning does a splitter fit flush against it if it was just a flat board?

I've seriously been considering buying honeycomb and 1/8" birch to make my own structure, but if alumilite is as cheap as some have come by that might be a better option. I am curious how much the racebred splitters weigh since they're a birch honeycomb.

Thanks for all the great options and suggestions everyone! This will be a fun off season project. Can't wait to get this car back out there next year!! .

Ps, if anyone lives near tulsa, ok, there's a mustang club event at hallett this weekend. I wanted to make it, but my wife has to work and that means I'm watching our baby .

The splitter itself is semi rigid yet somewhat flexible. It's CNC machined aluminum composite. Here's a photo of the underside. The stillen bumper itself curves upward that small 5 degrees and this comforms to it nicely.

These guys over at Ventus Auto Works can do custom splitters or any variation you need as well. Not affiliated with them... just a one time customer helping out a forum member if you're interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2170.jpg (91.7 KB, 39 views)
FI TT Kit #099 making 794whp/713# torque@23psi
johnxxx is offline   Reply With Quote