View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #5071 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I was warned not to do it at my power level. I still have the factory tranny mount and that is the way it will stay. Otherwise, I risk cracking the block. So rigid is not always better.
OK. That makes sense.

Yeah, a little flex can be a good thing. Many, many moons ago, my buddies and I built a "dune buggy" out of an old VW Bug. Got a real good deal on some heavy-wall pipe to use for the side of the chassis. We broke several welds and other parts after going airborne a few times. Switched to some lighter pipe and problems disappeared.