View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #5070 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
It seems to me that the more rigid the mounting of the transmission (and thus the shifter), the less the shifter will move and the easier it will be to shift - the gate won't be moving around on you as much.

Since the engine and transmission are bolted together, seems like stiffer mounts on either one would help reduce twist in the other. Ie, stiffer mounts on the trans only should have the same (or very close) effect as stiffer mounts on the engine only.

Maybe I just don't understand the physics and geometry involved and need some enlightenment. I'm not too old to learn.
I was warned not to do it at my power level. I still have the factory tranny mount and that is the way it will stay. Otherwise, I risk cracking the block. So rigid is not always better.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote