View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
ratseal2
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Black Nismo 6MT
ratseal2 is on a distinguished road
Default Nismo at the track- Questions

Hey guys, I am a total newbie to this and I have very little idea in the slightest on this type of stuff so please bear with me.

My girlfriend's cousin invited me to a private track day that he got access to invite some friends to for us to do as we wish. I've never tracked a day in my life before or never even been to one, but I have definitely always wanted to. I plan to take it easy the first time going to get a feel for everything and i dono't plan on really driving the **** out of it, but I had a few questions or concerns:

For reference, i have a 2015 Black Nismo 6MT with 42k miles.

1)My only upgrades made are bolt on exhaust and CAI system, is there anything that needs to be done absolutely necessary before driving around a track a few times? I know people say an oil cooler and brake cooling is essential for hard tracking but I really don't plan for doing much this first time. I live in SoCal and typically get oil temps between 200-220 for regular driving, so I expect a few minutes of hard driving to push 250-260, is this safe for short periods of time?

2) Is there anything extra I should bring in case I need it? Fluids/safety stuff etc; We are already required to bring our own Helmets and fire extinguishers

3) Should i get an oil change before and after? Or not necessary I'f I'm not really pushing it? Do I need extra tires if not pushing it much?

4) Any advice while actually driving or things to look out for/smells/sounds etc

5) Anything else is strongly welcomed and encouraged, I want to have some fun but also want to be super safe about it as this car is my daily and my current job requires good transportation, albeit in Nismo form
ratseal2 is offline   Reply With Quote