View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10MPlayer View Post
About the new 400Z, I'm happy to see they finally came up with something new but the preview in Car and Driver was disappointing. Why go from a 332 hp car to a 300 hp one? The trend now is to go big on HP. Why would Nissan go backwards? I'll keep my old Z with only 40k miles on it.
The Proto Z has the 400HP VR engine. If you look on the dash, you'll see a turbo speed gauge. The 400HP VR engine has turbo speed sensors. This is likely a mid-level engine.

Likely the 300HP VR will be a "base" engine, and it will out perform the VQ37, it just has more power overall despite the low peak HP output.

Last edited by takemorepills; 11-02-2020 at 11:22 PM.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote