View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
10MPlayer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: your mama wild.
10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Fcnismo;3960757]
Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
Wow, you have a 2019 Roadster, the last US model year. Take care of it.

I Paid 26k for it and it had 9k on it and never played so it officially went for a new car. I so careful with the top that I leave it open 24/7 in fear something might break. Lol
I just got through fixing my 2012 soft top myself. It wouldn't go up or down. I made a mess of things looking for a broken wire. While trimming the cloth cover off the hydraulic hose/wire bundle I nicked both hydraulic lines causing them to fail. I got replacement parts through Top Hydraulic and was lucky enough to stumble over the broken wire. So all fixed and working as it should. I searched the internet and couldn't find a shop that would look at it. The dealer told me they didn't want anything to do with it. Nissan only sells the whole system for $5000, or $11,000 for the whole hydraulic system plus a new cloth top. No parts are sold individually that I know of excepting the bungees. I knew that if I couldn't get the top to go up and down I couldn't even give the car away. Fortunately, I have some hydraulics experience from years ago and I was able to figure things out, with the help of Klaus' videos at Top Hydraulics. Would I ever buy a Nissan roadster again? Hell no! I enjoy driving my Z but when you're dealing with a company that won't back their product you would be a fool to buy another product from them. Nissan should make things right and issue a recall on all defective 370Z convertible tops and fix or replace them free. I don't understand why no one has gotten a class action lawsuit together yet. Probably too expensive for a car that's not worth $15,000 anymore. Rant over.

Yes, take care of your car. Don't leave it outside. Garage it. I think it's better to run the top up and down occasionally. Letting things sit unused is the best way to let them deteriorate.

Last edited by 10MPlayer; 11-02-2020 at 02:24 PM.
10MPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote