View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #539 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

This weekend I changed the remote oil filter location. The brake booster wouldn't work and I would also run into issues attempting to use manual booster, not impossible but more fittings and fab work. F that.

I must have had a rash of irritations because I removed the billet water manifold. The pump mounting was being a real pain in the a$$, as you have seen. Instead of cutting the frame and plating it in, I grabbed my buddy's Meizure water pump to test. Turns out it fits pretty well. The belt system touches so I will get the F body underdrive dampener and sell the current dampener. The Davies Craig pump will still be used for the A2W intercoolers.

Speaking of intercoolers... I found out that the intercoolers had a manufacture flaw by using half inch NPT fittings. I set up a jig on the drill press, clamped angle iron to stop it from spinning, and drilled to allow for 1" NPT. The inner end caps were cut off so that water can flow effortless to either end. 1" NPT will feed the coolers.

I'm thinking an expansion tank will go where the battery use to be. We'll see. Also, the pictures I take are always in chronilogical order. Don't think I ever said that.

Last edited by gbrettin; 11-02-2020 at 02:02 PM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote