View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 05:50 PM   #6090 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaesthetics View Post

Can't wait to see it in other colors. I think it'll look amazing in black.

When I was looking at the up-close shots of the underbody and interior, it is very clear to me that 98% of the Proto Z is actually already at production level.

If you go back and look at the underbody shots, all of the under body parts line up and interface with the outer body panels in an exactly OEM way. Nothing is trimmed and tucked, it all looks like it does on our current Nissan vehicles. The only thing that looked not 100% was that the Q60 muffler had rear extensions welded on it, which is typically done when Q60 parts and 370Z mufflers are interchanged.

The interior looks extremely final. Despite using many current 370Z parts, there's nothing about the dash or door panels that are "proto". They look to be at a manufactured level of fit/finish. The only thing I think is "proto" was the software running the gauge cluster (which also seemed to be turned off when in USA) and the yellow/black seat trim. No way will yellow/black be the seat trim on all versions of this car.

The only thing I saw that seems "proto" on the exterior are the headlights. The "high beam" element is an aftermarket LED module. Headlights are super expensive to make, so it's likely the final headlight wasn't done yet for the proto. I will say the headlight design isn't likely to change much at all, the DRL seems final. It's just the aftermarket high beam thing is obviously not final production. I also hope Nissan adds fogs to the front fascia, that would help to break up the "proto" look of the front nose cone. We'll see.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote