View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 01:45 PM   #4039 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

So Susan wanted to do Mexican for Halloween dinner tonight. She found some weird recipes from the backwater parts of Google. I am currently make shifting them into something respectable.

Currently made Elote. Needed way more ancho powder, lime juice, and mayo than called for originally.

And I have had a packer brisket going in the slow cooker since 8 this morning. The recipe called for boiled chicken that is then Shredded. No seasoning or anything. So I am going to shreds the brisket while it bathes it a can of pilsner ale, tons of smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic, onion, and cumin.

The dish is called enfrijolitas. You dip corn tortillas in a bean puree and then make stupidly messy quesadillas out of them. Naturally, the bean puree has no seasoning either. So I did a combination of black/Pinto beans mixed with cojita cheese, Cilantro, butter, and hot sauce.