View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fresh Water Spots post wash

Since moving to Arizona, I'm often torn between washing the car vs. simply doing the quick detail wipedown.

After washing, invariably I end up with some nasty water spots. If you don't get them IMMEDIATLY, you're then forced to break out the polish as they are just on there.

Recently I did some experimentation with those tub-o-towels wipes, and they take the water spots off instantly, but they leave kind of a haze on the paint. Obviously I'd like to find a better solution that's easier on the paint and works with a ceramic coated vehicle.

In a perfect world if we had a quick detailer that can remove water spots and work on ceramic, that would be wonderful.

Looking around online, it sounds like vinegar removes water spots, has anyone tried vinegar wipes?

Again, I'm talking about water spots that appear after washing, NOT the ones that would need to be buffed off because they sat on the paint for months/years.
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote