View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariokart View Post
Ok guys so an update on where I am at. Any further help will Be appreciated here.

So far I have swapped from the Tbatt additional pulley for tension to the tongunz pulley. Have also swapped to a new belt to suit the top gunz pulley (belt is gates K071045). I also swapped the auto tensioner with a new one.

I'm still having slip issues. From my logs it peaks around 12.3psi at 6k rpm then starts dropping down to around 9psi by 7800rpm

While the belt was off I noticed one of the idler pulleys was quite resistent and not spinning smoothly and I'll be changing that next. Would that be it? If not.. Where do I go from here. Its getting frustrating now ��
Mike,
You might try the K071040 belt. It's a little shorter than the K071045. I believe that's the one Topgunz sold with his kits. He may be able to verify that.

Also, take a flashlight and look closely at the supercharger side for bekt dust. You would see it on the stillen bracket, usually behing the jackshaft pulley and on the rear case of the supercharger. When my boost dropped off that quickly, I had belt slio on the sc side.

Oh yeah, by the way, it doesn't surprise me that your boost is dropping off at 7800rpm. My car made max boost at 7k rpm and then leveled out until 7500rpm and dropped off after that. At 7800rpm, the tuner stopped the pull. It made max hp at 7400rpm but boost had leveled off at 7k.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp

Last edited by redondoaveb; 10-27-2020 at 09:53 AM.
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote