View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 08:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
ltullos
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 Nismo Tech MT
ltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the rough

Another OG here. I'm on my 6th Z car including:
- 1972 240Z coming out of college,
- 1990 300Z 2+2,
- 1995 300Z 2+2,
- 1995 300Z-TT (my favorite),
- 2010 370 40th AE, and now
- 2016 Nismo 370Z.

All have been my daily drivers and have clocked 40+ years and over half million miles. I always thought that I would have a 400Z at some point (though much longer ago); but gave up on the idea when I saw that 2019 Heritage stickered insult. I concluded then that Nissan no longer had money nor interest to keep it going and was giving up.

So, my impressions of Z35 are mostly favorable, though front grill needs work as does addition of spoiler or lip to rear hatch. I'm actually very happy with design cues from 240Z & 300Z (particularly side view), V-6 turbo, MT (an absolute must), 6-piston calipers, and that they are apparently retaining the 370Z chassis. Having logged 40+ years of seat time, the thing I've always appreciate most about Zs is the driver engagement it provides on the street and track; so I'm confident that the Z35 will retain that with power and performance boost over 370.

I'm mostly interested in what the new Nismo will bring and hoping they will retain the Recaro seats, add a real 25 or 34 row oil cooler, and finally fix the saddle tank fuel starvation problem. And I would be delighted if updated electronics finally gives multiple traction control / stability options and GTR type data panel.

The words of the great Texas musician Ray Wylie Hubbard "the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations - I have really good days" seem appropriate here; so I'm mostly grateful that the line is not ending.
ltullos is offline   Reply With Quote