View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #6029 (permalink)
Andaesthetics
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z
Andaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by triso07 View Post
Nissan doesn't have much money and it's pretty clear the Z proto is a reworked 370z so I doubt there's much for you to worry about in this regard.
This 100%. Something to note is that not only is the Z Proto a prototype, but it is a working, running, driving car. I'll link video below of the Z Proto starting up, running, driving a bit, and revving.

Based on up-close video reviews of Z Proto, the new Z appears to consist of more 370Z parts than new parts (this has been verified). The wheel base is the same (this has been verified). The underside of the car, exhaust, suspension, etc. are pretty much exactly the same as the 370Z (this has been verified). The only new changes coming to the Z, besides the new exterior body shape, will obviously be the engine which will be the TTV6 (most likely VR30DDTT). It will also have the same exact oil cooler from the Q60 Red Sport (this has been verified). That along with the turbo speed sensors basically confirms it will use the Red Sport Engine. The transmission will more than likely be the 7-speed automatic just as the Red Sport uses. It appears the Z Proto had some kind of air/electronic suspension of sorts so there may be an adaptable suspension. The chassis is more than likely the same considering the wheel base is the same and Nissan does not have the money to develop a new chassis. I also kinda doubt it'll be updated or upgraded much either because again, Nissan does not have the money. The interior is virtually the same besides the new infotainment, driver digital dashboard, and yellow contrast accents.

Considering all that info and the fact that Nissan execs themselves said multiple times the car will come to production almost exactly as it is, this means that most, if not all the parts seen on the Z Proto will be on the production car.

I think a lot of people don't realize that the new Z is mostly still 370Z besides the above mentioned. Nissan shouldn't need to increase the price of the new Z very much because of this. I will bet that the new Z will start around $35,000 for the base model, going up to $45,000 MAX for the Sport/Premium/whatever line. This would be a perfect and unbeatable price point for the new Z and it would likely outsell just about all other competition on the market in that price range.

If you want to see how the above info is verified watch these videos.
( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by Andaesthetics; 10-20-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Andaesthetics is offline   Reply With Quote