View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
What's the slinger made of? Brass or steel? What I found with the brass slingers on other equipment. Is that if they get a worn spot on the inside. When the equipment stops and the slinger comes to rest. If it rests on that worn spot. When the equipment is restarted. The slinger will NOT spin with the shaft. The other thing is if the slinger is out of round. The same thing happens. With either brass or steel.
I'm pretty sure it's steel, I'm not sure if it's stainless. It's basically tack welded to the shaft. The oil slinger is their most common failure point.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote