View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #3058 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
The 5g thing is true to an extent. Smaller areas won't have the infrastructure for years to come. The thing is that 5G for residential users doesn't matter much. Stream speeds on 4g are far more than enough for the average person.

The tough part will be with phones. More companies are adding 5g which inherently raises the price. But, you are also future proofing yourself for the time if/when 5g does become available within your area.

The issue with getting a 5g phone right now (especially android) is that the phone OS may not be supported in 5 years when 5g readily becomes available.

If you can swing $2,000 for the Z Fold 2. Do it. it's fun to hold the future in your hand. But i wouldn't get the phone strictly for 5g. You can pick up a pixel and spend the other $1,500 on cigars.

The other option you can do with your s10 is root it and load a custom rom onto it. lineage OS is readily available for the device and will keep is running smooth for years to come.
I like the idea of the custom rom.. I'm not that familiar with the process of rooting a phone, so I'm a little leary of something like that, I'm afraid I'd brick my phone, with my luck.

Hmmm buy a pixel and spend $1500 on cigars, car parts or guns.....decisions, decisions....