View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #3044 (permalink)
Zingston
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: like it's a rental.
Zingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
The 5g thing is true to an extent. Smaller areas won't have the infrastructure for years to come. The thing is that 5G for residential users doesn't matter much. Stream speeds on 4g are far more than enough for the average person.

The tough part will be with phones. More companies are adding 5g which inherently raises the price. But, you are also future proofing yourself for the time if/when 5g does become available within your area.

The issue with getting a 5g phone right now (especially android) is that the phone OS may not be supported in 5 years when 5g readily becomes available.

If you can swing $2,000 for the Z Fold 2. Do it. it's fun to hold the future in your hand. But i wouldn't get the phone strictly for 5g. You can pick up a pixel and spend the other $1,500 on cigars.

The other option you can do with your s10 is root it and load a custom rom onto it. lineage OS is readily available for the device and will keep is running smooth for years to come.

I'm in the average person category. I bought a pixel over the summer for 400$ and received a mc debit card with 150$ on it. I use my phone for talk, text and internet... all the other apps on my phone are useless to me. I wouldnt know the diff bw 5g and 3g. LOL
I miss my old Motorola RAZR flip phone.