View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 06:56 AM   #6012 (permalink)
1/4atatime
Base Member

Drives: Silver 2018 370z
1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
Interesting! I tried to figure out the MSRP of the current Fairlady Z in Japan, all I could find was that they start around $40K when converted to USD. I think they may be more money in Japan. I would expect US MSRP to be lower.

EDIT, I figured out the Japanese website: https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/n...30rst000000020

Looks like the VR Z will be only slightly more than the VQ Z.
Current VQ Z pricing:
S is 4.85 million yen
ST is 5.3 million yen
Nismo is 6.52 million yen

So, approximately 6-8% more than the VQ car.
I don't think overall the price hike is bad if these estimated numbers are correct. However I am a little surprised they might only do the 400hp version in the top trims. I understand you can tune it or buy a JB4 to bring them up to that HP. However I think it would have looked much better for them to have gotten it in the sport trim level. Would have looked great for them to have a ready to go 400hp car for under 40k. Still 43~44k for a 400 hp car isn't bad. Also who's not going to look at this an go I can spend less money and get a NA engine with 10% more HP ? I'm just not understanding the reason for putting the 300hp engine in the new Z.

Did any of my post help you or just feeling nice?Give Rep|Add me to your friends list|View My Build "The real you is who you are when ain't nobody watchin" - NF

Last edited by 1/4atatime; 10-19-2020 at 10:00 AM.
1/4atatime is offline   Reply With Quote