View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 02:01 AM   #121 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolchuk View Post
Yes, I brought this subject up in Boosted VQs. It's hard for me.to believe that there isn't a kit available for these transmissions considering the way the synchros fail with boosted applications. I've seen quite a few posts about trans problems over the last number of months that I've been a part of the community. I figured that if I encouraged discussion there too, perhaps it would get some kind of response from someone who had either built a stronger solution, or could point me in the right direction for upgrade kits, or perhaps at least someone I could shop mine to for some modifications since mine is still shifting well and not grinding yet. I've owned 3 of these now, one of which had a new trans put in under warranty. Both the others shifted so much faster than mine is now. Neither of those were boosted though. I didn't warranty this one because an adjuster.would tell me to **** right off as soon as they looked under the car or under the hood. I still don't like the idea of buying a whole new trans to fix a few parts that are wearing... but it seems like it's our only recourse.

The thing is there's an opportunity for someone to make a lot of money making a durable trans or by putting together an upgrade kit for this car... people love boosting them, tracking them, and drifting them. If I was a trained transmission mechanic I'd jump at a chance to start up a company. I really don't think success is "pie in the sky" on this. There is a market for this... it's just waiting for someone to jump on it.
There are solutions, it is just that they are expensive.

The cost to open the trans to replace parts when aligned o the cost of a replacement OEM unit does not add up.

YGWYPF
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote