View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gungrave
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
Gungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZontheRocks View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience!

What I have learned over the years is similar to what was posted above. I only go to the dealership for warranty work. For non-warranty work that is out of my mechanical ability and needs a diagnosis, I find a local mechanic to find the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017370ZBlack View Post
Once your Z gets out of warranty, you should find a shop that specializes in Nissans/imports or Z's in particular, especially if you have a good number of mods.

Probably the best Nissan dealership in FL that actually does good service work is DeLand Nissan in DeLand.

Z Tech in Longwood (northwest portion of Orlando) does good work at reasonable rates. They specialize in Z's including the older ones like Z31's.

I currently live in Las Vegas. Just had several mods done to my 370Z (upgraded clutch and slave cylinder bypass, oil cooler, Wavetrac differential, Y-pipe, tune) and had to drive it all the way to Chatsworth, CA and had SpecialtyZ do the work since there are no good shops I've found in Vegas.
Sadly, I don't know of any legit quality Z specialty shops or tuner shops around the Tampa area. For things I can't do myself, I usually go to the Nissan near my house. They normally aren't severely overpriced. Just happened that this time they wanted way too much to do the fuel injectors that I initially thought I needed.

But I will NEVER go to any Maus dealership for anything ever again.
Gungrave is offline   Reply With Quote