View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #119 (permalink)
oldskoolchuk
Base Member

Drives: Boosted '13 Nismo
oldskoolchuk is on a distinguished road

Yes, I brought this subject up in Boosted VQs. It's hard for me.to believe that there isn't a kit available for these transmissions considering the way the synchros fail with boosted applications. I've seen quite a few posts about trans problems over the last number of months that I've been a part of the community. I figured that if I encouraged discussion there too, perhaps it would get some kind of response from someone who had either built a stronger solution, or could point me in the right direction for upgrade kits, or perhaps at least someone I could shop mine to for some modifications since mine is still shifting well and not grinding yet. I've owned 3 of these now, one of which had a new trans put in under warranty. Both the others shifted so much faster than mine is now. Neither of those were boosted though. I didn't warranty this one because an adjuster.would tell me to **** right off as soon as they looked under the car or under the hood. I still don't like the idea of buying a whole new trans to fix a few parts that are wearing... but it seems like it's our only recourse.

The thing is there's an opportunity for someone to make a lot of money making a durable trans or by putting together an upgrade kit for this car... people love boosting them, tracking them, and drifting them. If I was a trained transmission mechanic I'd jump at a chance to start up a company. I really don't think success is "pie in the sky" on this. There is a market for this... it's just waiting for someone to jump on it.
oldskoolchuk is offline   Reply With Quote