View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
I modified my Nissan Titan with SUPPOSEDLY good parts. I have had nothing but problems, and regret the thousands I spent on it. After the problems appeared, more thorough research turned up that for a few people, they also encountered the exact same issues and after spending tremendous effort and money to solve the problems, they all just cut their losses and sold their trucks. I'm going to need to reinstall expensive OEM parts back on to my truck to get her running right again.
This experience is what keeps me from modifying my Q60, I really don't like how torqueless the VQ is, but I am loving the reliability of the Q60.

Did Vex say he was going to modify a 2020? If he did I would strongly advise him to wait for the new 300Z TT. It will have the VR motor in it. If Vex buys a new 370Z and then drops $18K on it...he'll be way over the buy-in for a new VR powered Z.

Heck, I watched a YouTube channel that had a story about 3 great "sports cars" for under $10K. One of them was a 2009 370Z. They paid $10K for it and it was in excellent condition. I tried to find a 370Z in my area (WA State) for near that price, and the lowest I could find was $15K. I had an idea that at $10K plus the $18K for boost would make for a decent turbo Z project, but if I can't get one under $15K then I need to drop at least another $18K that would be up to $33K for a car over a decade old. Some of the older 370Zs may need extra money to repair issues like rear diff bushing, steering column lock, wear and tear, etc.
Or I could wait until the new VR powered Z drops and just buy a factory turbo car for little more. The new VR powered Q60's are getting sorted, there's people running low 10's and high 9's....that's with 7AT and weighing 650 pounds more than a Z.
I custom fabbed my own turbo for my 2013 ford raptor making 680hp and it has 25k boosted on it without a single hiccup. 🤷