View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchertel View Post
If the car is a good, reliable car and you want to continue to use it as a daily driver then I would recommend not touching it. Installing Stillen's supercharger kit was the biggest mistake I made with my Z. The kit went on at 21k miles I have only had about 7 months trouble free, beyond that modifying this car turned it into the biggest piece of s**t! If you want something reliable that you don't have the mess with every freaking weekend trying to fix issues then don't touch it. If you want a turbo'd or supercharged car I would recommend buying one that has a turbo or SC from the factory. Right now, I am wasting money on insurance for this car because it is in garage with the hood up more than it is on the road.

If you go FI all I can say is good luck and have a backup vehicle to drive. Luckily I have my '98 Ram 1500 that is a thousand times for reliable than this POS Nissan with no thanks to Stillen.
I modified my Nissan Titan with SUPPOSEDLY good parts. I have had nothing but problems, and regret the thousands I spent on it. After the problems appeared, more thorough research turned up that for a few people, they also encountered the exact same issues and after spending tremendous effort and money to solve the problems, they all just cut their losses and sold their trucks. I'm going to need to reinstall expensive OEM parts back on to my truck to get her running right again.
This experience is what keeps me from modifying my Q60, I really don't like how torqueless the VQ is, but I am loving the reliability of the Q60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Vex, check with your tuner & ensure that the ecm on the 2020 model will be tunable with any of these kits first
At one time there were storage issues on the newer models
Did Vex say he was going to modify a 2020? If he did I would strongly advise him to wait for the new 300Z TT. It will have the VR motor in it. If Vex buys a new 370Z and then drops $18K on it...he'll be way over the buy-in for a new VR powered Z.

Heck, I watched a YouTube channel that had a story about 3 great "sports cars" for under $10K. One of them was a 2009 370Z. They paid $10K for it and it was in excellent condition. I tried to find a 370Z in my area (WA State) for near that price, and the lowest I could find was $15K. I had an idea that at $10K plus the $18K for boost would make for a decent turbo Z project, but if I can't get one under $15K then I need to drop at least another $18K that would be up to $33K for a car over a decade old. Some of the older 370Zs may need extra money to repair issues like rear diff bushing, steering column lock, wear and tear, etc.
Or I could wait until the new VR powered Z drops and just buy a factory turbo car for little more. The new VR powered Q60's are getting sorted, there's people running low 10's and high 9's....that's with 7AT and weighing 650 pounds more than a Z.

Last edited by takemorepills; 10-18-2020 at 09:54 AM.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote