View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 09:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
cgr406
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Sport Tour 6M
cgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchertel View Post
If the car is a good, reliable car and you want to continue to use it as a daily driver then I would recommend not touching it. Installing Stillen's supercharger kit was the biggest mistake I made with my Z. The kit went on at 21k miles I have only had about 7 months trouble free, beyond that modifying this car turned it into the biggest piece of s**t! If you want something reliable that you don't have the mess with every freaking weekend trying to fix issues then don't touch it. If you want a turbo'd or supercharged car I would recommend buying one that has a turbo or SC from the factory. Right now, I am wasting money on insurance for this car because it is in garage with the hood up more than it is on the road.

If you go FI all I can say is good luck and have a backup vehicle to drive. Luckily I have my '98 Ram 1500 that is a thousand times for reliable than this POS Nissan with no thanks to Stillen.
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but I'm not sure what to say other than I completely disagree w/ your conclusion / advice. There are lots of folks on here, myself included, who have had very good, reliable performance from boosted applications.