View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
ChrisDrift
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
ChrisDrift is on a distinguished road

So here's what the car currently looks like after I'd done a load of mods with the idea of it being a practice car:

Here's some random progress pics of things I've done recently to get it that point.

Installed wisefab angle kit:

You have to grind a bit of the front subframe out for the offset rack spacers to work (although we will be moving the entire rack forward soon so won't be using the spacers then):

Rear wisefab setup and dual calipers for hydro handbrake:

Got cage installed (not done by me):

Weighed the car (this is with the cage and everything else on apart from exhaust):

Made a little line lock setup that we're going to use in the hydro handbrake lines so that I can actually lock the handbrake on briefly when I need to get out the car without turning it off and leaving it in gear. There is a locking mechanism built in to the handbrake but in my experience having this handbrake on the 350Z, it doesn't work very well at all.

Made a little oil cooler setup:

Got a fibreglass rear hatch from and I have to say although I was a bit wary of such a large fibreglass part from a company I'd never heard of, it actually fits extremely well. Literally just like OEM fitment. Got it painted since this pic and installed polycarbonate window in it from here (also fit perfectly): https://www.plastics4performance.com

and yeah loads of other bits but I'm not going to post too many pics of that stuff because most of it will be changing now we're putting the forged VQ35DE and turbos in from my 350Z very soon.

I'll post plenty of pics of that whole process here as I do it (and more on my instagram story here). I'll have a video up in a few days of the first practice day I did in it in its current state though so will post that here when its up
ChrisDrift is offline   Reply With Quote